Electrify Efficiently: Heat Pump Zoning – Challenges And Solutions
Part 5 of 5 – December 15, 2023 (12pm – 1:30pm)
Zone control is a popular strategy for addressing different climate zones in a home. Many customers and contractors newer to heat pumps are drawn to multi-split systems that utilize a single outdoor unit to run multiple air handlers, but there can be unintended comfort sacrifices if not done carefully. In this webinar, we will focus on various approaches to zone control for efficient and comfortable outcomes. We will compare traditional zoning with zone control, multi-split systems, multiple one to one systems, and combinations of these solutions.
- Introduction and safety message
- Electrify Efficiently
- Zone control strategies
- Avoiding comfort sacrifices with zone control
- Different approaches for zone control to achieve efficient, comfortable outcomes
The objective of this course is that at the conclusion, participants will be able to:
- Summarize operational differences between single-stage, two-stage and inverter heat pumps
- Name one downside of installing a single multi-split outdoor unit instead of multiple outdoor units
- Explain why many mini split brands do not work well with traditional zone control
- Describe one scenario where installing a multi-split unit makes sense
To enroll into the entire “Electrify Efficiently (5 Part Series)” register HERE.